Saturday, May 6, 2017
Friends of Bull Mountain Park (FBMP) leads have planned a number of fundraising activities, selling Basalt Rock engraving, Casa Lola Benefit days, Talbots Shopping event, Party FOR the Park fundraising in Blakeslee Vinery Estate with Trees restaurant catering, and Picnics in the Park resuming. Read more about them in the subsequent articles.
If you have a group that wants to come out and volunteer in the park, PLEASE contact Linda Shaw at email@example.com. We have lots of invasive species that could use your help in their removal, so all the native plants can continue to thrive. The most popular species that need to be removed are Geranium, Holly, and Ivy. Plan on about a 3-hour work event. Any help is greatly appreciated! And, thank you in advance for helping us maintain this property for all of the neighbors to enjoy!
May 8, 9, 10
Casa Lola Kitchen de Mexico
Enjoy a delicious authentic Mexican dining experience while benefitting the Bull Mountain Park development. Our generous donors have committed 30% of all proceeds toward the Nature Playground and Picnic Shelter if you tell your server you are there to benefit the park. The cuisine is excellent and the owners and staff most cordial. Remember– you MUST mention Bull Mountain Park.
The Friends of Bull Mountain Park are pleased to announce this exciting partnership with Talbots at Bridgeport. Come support the Park by joining us on the 1st of June for a Talbots' fashion show (6:00pm-7:00pm) to spruce up your summer wardrobe and to spend time with friends and neighbors, while enjoying free refreshments. Talbots has graciously offered to support the Park by donating 10% of sales during our event (and store phone-in orders all day). This should be a fun event and your attendance will enhance the evening!
Party for the Park
Please join us for a most enjoyable evening at the amazingly beautiful Blakeslee
Vineyard Estate. Hosted by Friends of Bull Mountain Park, your ticket purchase will include three generous tastes of Blakeslee estate wine accompanied by exquisite small plate creations by Shannon Johnson, Owner of Trees Restaurant. There will be entertainment and a silent auction conducted by The Kelly Group Real Estate. Our special guest Emcee is Dan Murphy, Founder and General Manager of Broadway Rose Theatre Company. A complimentary shuttle service has been arranged by Newberg Ford for your parking convenience.
We want to thank our sponsors, The Kelly Group Real Estate, Prudential Advisors and State Farm Insurance Co., Blakeslee Vineyard Estate and Trees Restaurant. Information on ticket purchases can be found in the May/June edition of Tigard Life as well as Facebook and the FBMP link. Tickets will be available May 15th, and if purchased before June 1st, 2017 are $80 each, nonrefundable. Beginning June 1st, the ticket price will increase to $90 per ticket. Please follow us on Facebook and watch for Ticket purchase information available on May 15th.
Paws in the Park
A special event celebrating our four-legged park friends! Activities include professional dog photo sessions (by appointment) and on-site pet vendors.
Take a walk and bring your dog to Bull Mountain Park!
July 13, July 27
Aug 10, Aug 24
Sept 7, Sept 21
Picnic in the Park
Picnic in the Park events are going to happen during construction.
Bring your picnic dinner, chairs and blankets and come listen to our local musicians that live
right here in the area. Follow the signs to come to the meadow. We look forward to seeing you
Music will be 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
I can almost see them done!
In my professional life, I have the privilege of bringing quite a few products in production serving our nation for more than 30 years. Start a product vision on paper, and yes sometime on a paper napkin, all the way through design, development, inspection, and finally released to the public.
You would think, after this many years, I be used to bringing a new vision to reality. No!. I still vitalize release parties, ribbon cutting celebrations, and general public using the end result. Palm of my hands get sweaty, and my heart rate goes up.
The Bull Mountain Park construction end is in sight. Visions are approved. Architectures are done. Designs are complete. Permits are available. Construction started and Woodshire entrance and Westside ADA trail started. Basalt Rocks for the garden is getting mined. The logs for the Nature Playground are getting milled. Picnic Shelter kit construction is ordered. Spring started. Sun is more visible. Days are longer. Promise of dryer, outdoor construction weather friendly, days are coming. The construction will resume and will push for completion, ASAP.
The Bull Mountain Park construction, like any other large project, has it challenges prior to release. With your involvement and professional services help, we are overcoming them one at a time.
This is call to action time. Get involved in the planned events, participate in bringing the construction to reality, and come along to make our beautiful park a place for Children Of All Ages to enjoy. You will delight in the journey!
Friends To The End - Toraj
- The Basalt Rocks engraving are for sale from May 1 through July 31 2017. First come first serve until all sold.
- The net funds will be contributed toward the Bull Mountain Park construction.
- All cash contributions are tax deductible.
- The contributor can select the text. The text is 20 characters or less at legible height and font.
- The physical engraving will be implemented after construction completion.
- The sale campaign will be managed and coordinated by FBMP using Social Media, Announcements, Newsletters, etc.
- The engraving text height, font, and location are predetermined and fixed on each rock.
- The contributor’s text are subject to FBMP and City Of Tigard review and approval prior to engraving.
- FBMP and City Of Tigard are not able to guarantee the perpetuity of the rocks.
- Naming Nature Playground, and Picnic Shelter components are not in scope, at this time.
By Linda Shaw
Upcoming work party:
Please stop by the park on Saturday May 13th to meet our local Boy Scout Troop #799. The troop will be spreading bark chips on the lower trails. The trails are in real need of some Spring maintenance after our very wet Winter. Thank you Troop #799 for helping out in the park.
Trilliums in the park
By Linda Shaw
With our crazy weather, I hope you got a chance to walk through the park and check out the blooming Trilliums. We have had quite a few trilliums and they last only about 2 weeks. I learned that (after “googling”) Trilliums have an extremely long life. Trilliums are relatively easy to grow from their rhizomatous root but slow to develop and spread. To make up for slow development, the plants can live for up to 25 years. Early season sunlight is what is needed. Even though it is a woodland species, the dormant plant needs to be warmed by the early spring sun.
Thank you very much
Major Underwriter and Grants
• Metro Nature in Neighborhood
• City of Tigard Capital Improvement Plan
• Juan Young Trust
Donors and Sponsors
• Tigard Noon Rotary (Legacy Donor)
• Bonnie G. Conger (Legacy Donor)
• Scott & Loni Parrish – A-dec (Legacy Donor)
• Toraj & Irene Khavari (Legacy Donor)
• Anonymous (One family, Visionary Donor)
• Pearson Financial Group, Conrad Pearson (Visionary Donor)
• Ken & Joan Austin (Patron Donor)
• Mike & Cheryl Druding (Patron Donor)
• Jake Egger (Patron Donor)
• Paul & Sarah Messenger (Patron Donor)
• James & Lorraine Clauss (Patron Donor)
• Robert & Sarah Soper (Patron Donor) Synopsys (Patron Donor) employer match
• Irene M. Khavari, Sunstone Distributors (Patron Donor)
• Renee M. Johnson (Patron Donor)
• Tim Pepper (Patron Donor) Intel (Patron Donor) employer match
• Memory of Carroll E. Smith by Marianne C. Poole (Patron Donor)
• Mike & Claudia Grover (Patron Donor) Shell Oil (Patron Donor) employer match
• Linda & Steve Shaw (Patron Donor)
• Ronald & Ruth Hartford (Patron Donor)
• Kathleen Egger Sherwood (Patron Donor)
Please support our generous Corporate Donors and Sponsors
• Mr. Tree (Visionary Donor)
• Trees Restaurant, Sherwood, Shannon Johnson (Patron Donor)
• The Kelly Group Real Estate (Patron Donor)
• Blakeslee Vineyard Estate, Sherwood (Patron Donor)
• Casa Lola Kitchen de Mexico, Beaverton (Patron Donor)
• State Farm Insurance – Gus Nadelhoffer, Tigard (Patron Donor)
• Prudential Financial Services, Inc. Randall Barkhurst, Tigard (Patron Donor)
• Talbots Bridgeport (Patron Donor)
• Greatbatch Inc. (Patron Donor)
• Fulcrum Logo - Brian & Lorraine Otis (Patron Donor)
• John and Steve Barker/Barker Construction (Patron Donor)
• Parr Lumber (Patron Donor)
• Pacific West Roofing, Stan Robinson (Patron Donor)
• The CarMax Foundation (Patron Donor)
• Tigard Burgerville (Patron Donor)
• Tigard Sherwin-Williams, Nate McNeely (Patron Donor)
• Washington Square Dental, Dr. Rashidi (Patron Donor)
• Broadway Rose Theatre Company, Dan Murphy and Sharon Maroney (Patron Donor)
• Dr. Timothy Hubbard D.C., Sherwood Chiropractic (Patron Donor)
With great appreciation for all participating Friends of Bull Mountain Park
Make Your Donations
Check Memo line: Friends of Bull Mountain Park Project or FBMP Project
Friends of Bull Mountain Park (FBMP) Projects
Tualatin River Watershed Council (TRWC)
PO Box 338
Hillsboro OR 97123-0338
For more details about the FBMP’s projects and BMP concept plan refer to the following documents.
City Of Tigard - http://www.tigard-or.gov/community/bull_mountain_park.php
FBMP Nature Play Projects Information - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FEBMP/files/Nature%20Play%20Projects%20Information/
FBMP November 2014 Newsletter - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FEBMP/files/newsletters/
Chairperson : Toraj Khavari firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter Editor: Sarah Soper email@example.com
Tigard Park and Recreation Advisory Board (PRAB) Liaison: Tim Pepper firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer and Event Coordinator: Linda Shaw email@example.com
Please mark your calendars and join us.
Time and Dates: 7 PM to 8:30 PM July 27, 2017 During the Picnic in the Park, FBMP leaders, officers and board members will be available.
Where: Bull Mountain Park - Park Address - 13950 SW Alpine Crest Way, Tigard, Oregon 97223
Bull Mountain Park
The BMP soft trails start at multiple (6) entrances: SW Greenfield Drive, SW Benchview Place, SW Woodshire, SW Alpine Crest Way, SW Fernridge Terrace, and SW Ridgefield Ln.
Come and enjoy the park, be active, be healthy, and be green. Bull Mountain Park area photo and trail maps.
Connect with the FRIENDS of BMP at the following sites:
Yahoo® User Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FEBMP/
Facebook® - http://www.facebook.com/FEBMP
Park Address - 13950 SW Alpine Crest Way, Tigard, Oregon 97223