Yesterday, a few Phantom Orchards welcomed me as I stepped into our beautiful Bull Mountain neighborhood park.At the end of most work days, after I park the car in the garage, I grab a snack or
drink. Hands full of goodies, I walk to the Bull Mountain Park and bring the work day to a wonderful close. Lately, I am greeted by white flowered Phantom Orchards. The meadow is full of vegetation and at times, I surprise deer, birds, and often multiple species of squirrels who live there. I have met a lot of great people in the Bull Mountain Park celebrating the natural setting connecting multiple neighborhoods with six entrances. It is always a pleasure, visiting with friends and neighbors there.
The Friends of Bull Mountain Park (FBMP) have planned multiple events during summer 2016; picnics in the park, music, activities, and a Golden Shovel ceremony. Yes … Golden Shovel ceremony as a symbol of breaking ground for the park projects. Read more about the events in the following pages, and on-line.The anticipation of summer events in Bull Mountain Park, park projects’ construction, warmer and dryer weather, and seeing some of our vision for the park becoming a reality are just delightful.
The FBMP new projects for 2016 are focused around families with young children (playground), families (picnic shelter), ADA drop friendly and trails (handicap access), and walkability (Gaarde
connection soft trail).
Frequently, I encourage you to use the trails, to view flora and fauna, take pictures, come to the park events, and be part of this beautiful neighborhood. I invite all neighborhood families with young children, and neighbors who enjoy outdoor activities to get involved, come to the events, and enjoy the park.
Be active, get involved, leave a legacy, and join in building a healthy community.
See you in the Park.
June 24th - Golden Shovel Event, 4pm
June 30th - Picnic in the Park, 6pm
July 14th - Picnic in the Park, 6pm
July 28th - icnic in the Park and FBMP Quarterly Mee:ng at Park
August 11th - Picnic in the Park, 6pm
August 25th - Picnic in the Park, 6pm
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FEBMP/
Picnic in the Park
Events Planner and FBMP Board Member, Linda Shaw, has planned an exciting summer for Park Picnics. Music will be provided by local bands at each event. We are fortunate to have some repeat musicians from last year. New to our events this year are bands whose members are primarily from Tigard High School.
We will host a table of gifts for purchase ranging in price from $20 - $40. These include jewelry items: earrings, pendants, large and small pins, each priced at $20. A portion of each purchase will be donated to Bull Mountain Park Development Funds. Selling at $40 is a picnic blanket; nylon outer shell and fleece inner shell with the Bull Mountain Park logo imprinted in the fleece. It is a beautiful and lovely way to demonstrate your support of the Park, and the good news is that you will receive a
tax donation card, should you want to take the donor amount on your tax report for 2016.
Many generous donors have provided gifts to be raffled at each event. They include gift cards from local restaurants and theaters and professional services. At least three items will be raffled at each event. We will also feature a half and half drawing at some of the picnics in the park, so plan to join us for all of them. As is true for any raffle – you can’t win unless you buy a ticket. All proceeds from these raffles will go to fund the development of the park.
Mark your calendars. Participate in a lot of fun, entertainment, and hope to win a great prize.
It is up to you and your donations!
WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS
- We are waiting on the decision for the Nike grant. If you are a Nike employee, please drop us a note. We would like Nike to know you would benefit from the park.
- We are waiting on the decision for the Oregon Community Fund Grant. Formal site visit took place in early March.
- We presented at the City of Tigard April Budget Meeting • We are working with Lango Hansen Landscape Architects and the City of Tigard to finalize the Nature Play, Construction Drawings and Budget for the park project.
- Signed an agreement with the City of Tigard to move forward with our Nature In Neighborhood (NIN) grant.
- Presented at the Tigard PRAB meeting in March.
- Measured the Log Inventory for Lango Hansen LA.
- 2 Invasive Species Removal Days
- Boy Scout Projects
- Leave a Legacy – Park features that we all can take pride in
- Motif – Pleasant to eye
- Maintenance – Safe and easy to maintain
- Metro Nature in Neighborhood
- City of Tigard Capital Improvement Plan
- Tigard Noon Rotary
- Anonymous (One family, Visionary Donor)
- Austin Industries, Scott and Loni Parrish (Visionary Donor)
- Bonnie G. Conger (VisionaryDonor)
- Mr Tree (Visionary Donor)
- Ken and Joan Austin (Patron Donor)
- Mike and Cheryl Druding (Patron Donor)
- Jake Egger (Patron Donor)
- Greatbatch Inc. (Patron Donor)
- Paul and Sarah Messenger (Patron Donor)
- James & Lorraine Clauss(Patron Donor)
- Robert & Sarah Soper(Patron Donor)
- City Of Tigard http://www.tigard-or.gov/community/bull_mountain_park.php
- FBMP Nature Play Projects Information https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FEBMP/info
- FBMP Newsletter Blog - http://fbmpblogs.blogspot.com/
- FBMP Newsletters - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FEBMP/files/newsletters/